My dad’s girlfriend’s father died of a heart attack. I didn’t know him very well so I’m not upset.
I’ve never been to a funeral before. My mom thinks it’s okay to wear black jeans but my inner gentleman is informing me—“oh no you’re not.”
So I guess I’ll go buy black slacks somewhere.
Do you think that wearing a grey paisley bow tie is okay or is a bow tie too frivolous? If paisley is… impolite, I also have navy blue.
Or should I go find me a black skinny tie?
- saucymagpies answered: grey paisley should be okay. I mean, nobody’s going to be focusing on your clothing, unless you wear bright yellow or something.
- thisbastardchild said: Black skinny tie! Just cause I like the way they look. Not that bowties aren’t also awesome.
- bradleyfick answered: Black skinny tie. Channel The Blues Brothers and get a black fedora and sunglasses to match
- vogonpoetrysociety answered: What is “appropriate” depends on the family/style of funeral. Honestly, some people wear the weirdest shit.
- ohvelveteena answered: navy blue is fine, I wouldnt go with paisley. I’d never go to a funeral in jeans.
- pomme-poire-peche answered: I think a necktie would be better. I can lend you if need be.
- inkstainedqueer posted this