Two timesin the past week, I have been able to tell loved ones that
ASKING ABOUT A TRANS PERSON’S GENITALS IS RUDE, OKAY?
in a polite, firm manner. I proceeded to answer their question anyway because, as my loved ones, my answer did sorta kinda pertain to them—in that they will come and visit me while I recuperate.
But seriously, this urge to “educate the cis people” is ridiculous. It’s taken me almost two years to get to this point where I can say it’s rude to ask. Usually I either dance around the question or answer it in a matter-of-factual manner. I’m pleased to have gotten to the point where I can almost refuse to answer.
However, people shouldn’t be asking this question in the fucking first place.
- nicbravo likes this
- oozedoggie likes this
- impromptuonedykedanceparty likes this
- nemesissy likes this
- lesbianlegbreaker said: Maybe it’s bc I’m autistic but I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS. Why o God why would you ask about someone’s genitals? My brain is shorting out over this.
- cauda-pavonis reblogged this from inkstainedqueer and added:
- marxnrec reblogged this from inkstainedqueer
- cauda-pavonis said: are you scheduled for lower surgery as well as top, then? :)
- mostlydeplorable likes this
- lesshumansmorecats likes this
- inkstainedqueer posted this